wxwebconnect is a control for wxwidgets that allows to embed a gecko browser in a wxwidgets application.
So lets try to install it on Ubuntu 11.04
wxWidgets can be installed from synaptic. Look for packages called libwxgtk2.8-*
1. Download wxwebconnect source from http://www.kirix.com/labs/wxwebconnect/downloads.html
Extract them in home directory. Inside the webconnect directory you would see directories like webconnect , xr and testapp.
2. Over here create a directory called wxWidgets. Download wxwidgets 2.8.12 from here http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/
wxGTK for Ubuntu.
3. Extract wxwidgets inside /home/user/webconnect-1.1/wxWidgets
4. You would also need libgtk2.0-dev first, so installed it from synaptic. Now do a ./configure and make for wxwidgets
Once this process is over wxwidgets should be build.
5. Now do a make inside /home/user/webconnect-1.1/webconnect
6. Now do a make inside /home/user/webconnect-1.1/testapp.
7. Now everything is compiled. But one this still remains is xulrunner. You need xulrunner 1.9.x . The one available on Mozilla website will not work. So lets do a trick. Install the xulrunner-1.9.2 package from synaptic.
It will install all xulrunner files in /usr/lib/xulrunner-18.104.22.168/ or a similar location. Go there and copy everything. First empty the /home/user/webconnect-1.1/xr directory and then paste everything here.
8. Now go inside testapp and execute the testapp binary which we created a while back. It should run and open webpages fine.