Laptops for Data Science and Data Analysis
As a data scientist, you have to deal with lots of data, collecting, analysing and interpreting it, in a way which is beneficial to a business the most. When handling such large amounts, you also need a laptop which works as efficiently as you, making the work smoother for you. Statistical analysis needs plenty of computation power be it a laptop or PC.
A laptop with high-end specifications is all that you require so that you can focus on your work more and are not caught up in fixing issues every now and then.
The data analysis software’s such as the IBM SPSS Statistics Software or the Statistix require a minimum of 4GB RAM for a smooth operation over moderate amount of data. The greater the size of the data you handle, the better hardware you need. A good laptop with proper high-end hardware helps you to deal with greater data, without hanging.
Here is a list of highly sophisticated laptops with great configurations you can refer to for a best pick:
1. Dell i5577-5335BLK-PUS Inspiron 15" Full HD Gaming Laptop - 7th Gen Intel Core i5
Helping you to keep the record of data at a really fast pace, with almost no complaints of hanging; this Dell laptop is the best pick for the data scientists. With great specifications and even better price, this graphically superior laptop is surely a bargain!
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad-Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to 32GB
- 256GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive option
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)
- Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
- Dedicated 4GB Graphic Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- Superior sound quality with the Wave MaxxAudio
The 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad-Core makes it the one of the fastest laptops you can get your hands on. With no extra bloatware, the system refreshes at a very fast rate, and hence makes it perfect pick for heavy duty work. The anti-glare TN screen is easy to eyes and allows long hours of strain-free work. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card is really strong and can handle high-end games too, without freezing.
The red Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display keyboard adds on to the sleek look of the laptop, making it easy to work on even at nights. The thermal design helps the laptop to stay cool even under high-end task and can rarely be heard.
The boot time is amazing 5 seconds, even with a number of programs booting at the start altogether. It a good pick for the ones who deal in data; easy on the eyes, smooth keyboard, and excellent performance!
2. Apple 15" MacBook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MPTT2LL/A
Known for its sleek design and great performance, Apple MacBook Pro takes the performance and portability to an all new level. The amazingly fast performance of this laptop makes it a great choice for the professional jobs like 3D modelling and is great for software like IBM SPSS, for trouble-free functioning of data scientists! The data security with Apple is, of course, the highest! So, if you work with data that needs to be safe, this one is a fine buy.
- 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 512GB SSD storage
- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
With a rather beautiful display, the clarity and brightness of the screen makes it perfect to work on for long hours. The trackpad is also great! It is enormous, and very responsive, making it easy to navigate through your work files. The battery life too is amazing. There is nothing that Apple has not taken care of to provide you with a superior working experience.
The Touch Bar is also a great addition for the ones who like quirky stuff, especially for the ones who use Safari. It adds on to the aesthetics of the laptop and also allows you to get access of some rather quick buttons, and also acts as the function key bar. A little heating issue on the underside of the laptop can be faced when using it on lap for longer hours, else, it is all good performance wise!
The improved 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz for better speed and Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory graphics makes it faster and also a great choice for anyone looking forward to get hands on sophistication and speed altogether!
3. Lenovo Ideapad Y700 17 Laptop - Core i7-6700HQ
Lenovo is known for its superior performance, and this laptop is a proof! For your every high-end task, including 3D rendering, this laptop is worth every penny spent. It is easy to pocket and is loaded with every feature to offer you high-class performance.
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor (2.60GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
- 17.3" FHD IPS Anti-Glare with integrated camera (1920x1080)
- 16.0GB PC4-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz
- 512GB Solid State Drive / Windows 10 Home 64
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB Graphics Card
It is all praises, except for the fact that it is a little bulky, this Lenovo laptop is surely a great buy. Offering you a promising performance at an affordable price, it is a steal deal for anyone looking for hassle-free working.
The red backlit keyboard is very smooth for long hours of typing, making it easy to use in dark too. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB Graphics Card gives you a superior user experience and the Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor, 6th Generation, gives it a faster edge. This laptop is an overall hit and a great deal!
4. ASUS VivoBook Thin and Light Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ - M580VD-EB76
This stylish and lightweight laptop is jampacked with all great features to makes it perfect for high-end tasks. The sleek design is an additional hit to the otherwise overall great congestion free experience.
- Powerful 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz)
- Standard voltage for full performance
- 15.6" Full HD colour rich, anti-glare display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics
- 15" wide and 0.8" ultra-thin chassis for a portable & slim footprint
- Illuminated keyboard
- Harman/Kardon certified audio
- Dual-fan thermal design
- Lightning-fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB M.2 SATA3 SSD + 1TB HDD
- Windows 10
- Comprehensive connections with USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0, & HDMI
The Powerful 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core 2.8GHz makes the booting speed of the laptop very impressive. The keyboard has no flex, and typing feels great. The backlighting is bright, and comes it three brightness toggles, allowing you to set is as per your need. This laptop also allows you to upgrade its internals, as per your requirements, including the screen.
The high PPI of the screen makes it great for some really amazing gaming experience. It is very bright, and does not gives you any reflective issues, both indoors and outdoors. The best part is that it does not heat really fast owing to its Dual-fan thermal design, and the fan noise is not too loud either. The laptop comes with extra air intakes on the bottom, helping with the thermals, for an even better experience. The Harman/Kardon certified audio offers you great sound quality.
Overall, this thin and light gaming laptop makes it perfect for the high-end tasks, and for a smooth user experience.
5. Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS 15.6" Ultra-Thin and Light Laptop with 4K touchscreen display, 7th Gen Core i7 (up to 3.8 GHz), 16GB, 512GB SSD, Nvidia Gaming GPU GTX 1050, Aluminum Chassis
Say hi to the world’s only 15.6” InfinityEdge display! Dell brings to you the luxury of infinity display in an ultra slim design. This laptop is a great choice for the ones who love sleek and sophisticated designs and want a hand at great performance too.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
- 16 GB DDR4-2400MHz up to 32GB
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display
- Windows 10 Home 64bit
No borders to the 15.6” InfinityEdge touch display screen make it really big, and its high resolution makes it a visual treat! The touchscreen is smooth and hence is great to work on. It has a great balance of CPU speed and GPU speed, making it smooth for editing and renderings. It is an overall a golden buy for the people dealing in with data. It definitely has some great specifications at an amazingly affordable price!
6. Lenovo 320 Business Laptop PC 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) Display Intel i7-7500U 2.7GHz Processor
Lenovo has always been a trademark of quality, and so is this laptop. If you want a really smooth and fast working experience, this laptop is for you!
- 15.6-inch Anti-glare FHD resolution 1920x1080 Widescreen Display
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory
- Dolby Audio Dual Speaker
- Powered by 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz (4M Cache, Up to 3.5GHz)
- Smart dual-core
- Four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing
- 12GB DDR4 2133MHz system memory (4GB+8GB)
- 256GB Solid State Drive
- 802.11ac Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A,1 x USB 3.0 Type-C, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, 4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC) Media Card Reader, 1x HDMI
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
This Lenovo laptop is definitely worth the money. With 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz, it gives a blazing fast booting experience and hi-speed loading of apps, making it fit to compete any high performing laptops. This laptop is very smooth to work on, and is really very user-friendly, with some great NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics, of course! The laptop comes with some a great battery life and is a treat to work on it. The only thing that this laptop lacks is a backlit keyboard, so yes, goodbye to working in dark! Overall, this is the crème de la crème of laptops for anybody who is not much into gaming.
7. Acer Aspire R 15 2-in-1 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD Touch, 7th Gen Intel Core i7, GeForce 940MX, 12GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, R5-571TG-7229
Experience the luxury of working with this 360-degree laptop. Work the way you want to! The excellent performance of the laptop makes it a great pick for anybody who is looking for an in-budget laptop. This sure is a fast and friendly laptop!
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (Up to 3.5GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 12GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD. Supports SDXC card reader
- Up to 9-hours Battery Life
- Windows 10 Home
The best thing about Acer is that their laptops are really sturdy, and so is this one. The problem faced with 360-degree laptops is usually that of a wobbly screen, but Acer, acing it all, has a very steady screen. Even after being so steady, it is a lightweight laptop and has an amazing trackpad which is really fast and smooth.
The screen is very bright, and the issue of flex is hardly there. Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display improves the user experience of working with data. The keyboard is great and so is the sound quality. The NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM is a treat for the gamers and the ones using high-end software.
Coming with a great 9-hour battery life, this Acer laptop must be on your top list if you are looking for some real performance at a great price!
8. HP 15.6" HD Touchscreen Notebook, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor up to 4.00 GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256 GB M.2 SSD, DVD RW, Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Home
HP has always been one great choice when choosing for intensive work. You can count on them to never let you down.
- 8th Gen, quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U processor
- 15.6" touchscreen, 1366 x 768 resolution
- LED backlighting keyboard
- 8GB available memory. 250GB SSD
- Wireless-AC (802.11ac)
- Windows 10
The 8th Gen, quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U processor haves this laptop blazing fast. It has a really quick boot and is very smooth to work on. It is loaded with some great specifications and is amazingly pocket-friendly. The graphics are not nice, and hence intensive gaming is not something you can think of with this laptop. The LED backlighting keyboard makes it easy to work on even in dark.
Overall, it is a golden pick! If you plan to stick to work and a little graphical work, there is nothing like this one!
The aforementioned list comprises of the best laptops for data science that are available in the market these days. With some great specifications, these laptops are have a multifaceted personality. You can use these for myriad other activities like quick browsing, enjoying games, video chatting as well as operating various applications related to data science.
As a sophisticated field of technology, data science needs laptops that are built with agile features - make sure you choose the one that meets your requirements and runs a long mile with you!